Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First Big Overnighter!




This past Monday Abigail and Ethan passed a major milestone in their lives! It was their first time to stay overnight somewhere. And of course, Ye-ye and Nai-nai were the host. Every Monday morning, Chris and his dad have a meeting. At the same time, but a different location, his mom and I also have a meeting. It seems that the kids got tired of never getting a word in edgewise at our meeting, so they started asking Nai-Nai if they could have a meeting with her. Alone. Because "momma talks too much". So, off they went to Tainan for the night for many meetings and trips to the park and splashing in the pool and trips to the toy store and trips to 7-11 and gum and coke and loads of story time whenever they wanted it! Just like a trip to your grandparents should be! Chris and I stayed home wandering around in circles, delirious with our free time. They did really good, albeit Abbey did better than Ethan. It seems that he did great until it was time to go to bed. Before leaving, he was so excited about "sleeping in Ye-ye and Nai-nai's room on my little bed with the rainbow blanket". But at bedtime, he wanted to "call my momma. I want to sleep in my own bed. I don't want to sleep in this bed. I don't like this bed. I like my bed at home." They eventually talked him into giving the bed a chance. The next day when we went to get them, the responses was so typical of their personalities. Ethan ran to see us and told us that he had missed us! Abbey cried because she didn't want to go home. I can't blame her though, I can remember crying several times as a child because I didn't want to leave Grandma's house either.

No comments: