Saturday, January 2, 2010

Well, Hello 2010!

Oh my blog readers, my dear blog readers! How long I have forsaken you for other things. For tree trimming and turkey baking and for cooking hundreds of cookies and dipping 700 pretzels in white chocolate and birthday parties and gift giving and gift getting and and and.... well, yes, I took a break for a few days after Christmas to revive myself from the previous activities. BUT, today, I am almost back on track. Today, I scrubbed my house and tried to revive my neglected plants and organized various places. And today I will revive this blog. And hope that you come back to check on it and read it! So, here is a quick run down of the last couple of months.

-Abbey turned seven!

-We have been getting a bible study going in Taipei. I mean we as in our church and the Tainan church together. We now have 2 bible classes there every Saturday.

-For Thanksgiving, we invited the church family and church friends over to our house for Dinner. We had 34 people in all. Note to self, a 12 pound turkey isn't big enough for 34 people.

-The ladies Christmas party was a great success with over 50 people in attendance. We went to a great Indian restaurant.

-The English Bible Class had 35 in attendance and we had a ton of fun. I scored an earring in the naughty Santa game. Yes, I said an earring. Look closely, there is a double irony there.

-Our church sponsored a home for teenagers and a crisis pregnancy center for Christmas. I am so proud of the response from our church people in getting behind these projects and making them a success. I personally hope to continue to help the crisis pregnancy center more in the future. I'll tell you more later.

-We invited foreigners that are in Taiwan alone over to our house for Christmas Dinner. I am trying to make this year a conscious effort to focus on people that I may not meet through our church but are lonely. Not neglecting the church family, but expanding our influence, hopefully.

-Our Church Christmas party was great! Thank you Joanna for hosting it!

-Oh yeah, did I mention that I started Chinese classes? I am taking 8 hours a week and I am so excited! Finally after eight and a half year, I am getting to study! Thank you to all of our ED Asia supporters for making this possible!

So, there you have it. A run down of the past month and a half. I have a million little stories to share and I am going to try and get them down before they are forever lost! Happy New Year! Oh, and a question, are you calling this year 20-10 or 2000-10?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2ooo10
love your post always!
julia