Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snow to sweat in 5.2.......days


Last week, we woke up to Abbey joyfully yelling that it was snowing. My first thought was that we are in Louisiana in March and there is no way it was snowing. But it was. The ground was covered and great, lazy snowflakes were steadily making their way to earth. I got the kids dressed in just about everything they own (that's what you do when you are raised in Alabama where 2 inches of snow closes schools and government down and causes a serious run on milk at the grocery story) and we headed out to play. All of Abigail's Ladybug magazines lately have been featuring snow and kid's playing the snow, so it was a dream come true for her. She didn't have to be told how to make a snowball or a snow angel. Ethan didn't have to be told to attack her while she was on the ground making the snow angel. I guess that is just hardwired into little brothers from birth. Yes, it was snow in March, but it was magic for us.

This week, my compressor went out on the jeep and I am sweating to death. But such is life on the road. Now, I am off to look up the symptoms of a heat stroke and tape them to the jeep steering wheel.

No comments: