Friday, November 30, 2018

Bracken Blurbs

#1- Sunday Morning, I was standing by the door getting ready to head to Sunday School when a lady came in.  She looked at me and said, "You look wider." I cheerfully replied, "Thank you!" Everyone left that conversation confused. (I HAVEN'T gained a pound!  I weighed myself.)

#2- Today, Abbey was going to clean the blender after making a smoothie.  We clean it by rinsing it out, adding water and soap and blending to get the blades clean.  The lid sadly wasn't fully pushed down.  It was her first shower in the kitchen.  And now, my counters, my walls, my cabinets, and my floor are super clean.

#3- I was talking with my Mom in Alabama and she mentioned that Alaska had a big earthquake.  She then ask me if we felt it over here.  I told her that I didn't know, but she is probably closer to Alaska than I am, so did she feel it?  And she is indeed closer.  800 miles closer to Anchorage than I am.  It turns out that she didn't feel it either! (Y'all better not tell her I told this story!)

2 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

#1 - I love your response... not so much the previous comment ;)

#2 - Another way to get your kitchen floor clean is to put laundry soap in the dishwasher instead of dishwasher soap... I know this from experience.

#3 - People are geographically challenged. When the volcano was erupting on the Big Island we had a lot of people checking on us. Wrong island, folks!

It sure was good seeing you a few weeks ago!

Jen Elise said...

Haha, I love it! Hope you all are doing well! Our Chinese friends that you met here are in a Bible study and God is working on them. God really used y'all to minister to them while you were here. Thank you!