Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall is in the air!

So, what do you think of my new look? I am feeling fallish so much that I just want to go out and buy pumpkins and mums and school supplies! And then use the three and make a wacky table arrangement. Here in Taiwan, it doesn't cool down as quickly as it does in the states during fall, but the days get a little shorter and the sun slants in that beguiling fall way and I love it! Why am I so addicted to this time of year? The crunch of leaves (only memories from the States, certain not an experience in the ever so lovely, but ever so green Taiwan), Apple pies, new clothes for school and the hint of a chill in the air just excites me. When I was in college and would head home for a visit, there was this one road that I always took. The little, winding Natchez Trace with its two lanes, 50mph speed limit (who was the drunk that decided on 50?) and gorgeous fall foliage. I can still see in my mind the trees meeting overhead and the afternoon sun peaking through the oranges and yellows and reds of dying leaves. If you live near the Natchez Trace in Northern Mississippi or Alabama, go take a drive. Take one for me and look at the leaves and relax. But when you get to that terminally long bridge near the Florence exit, turn around. I never liked that bridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts. I sometimes go through withdrawals when you don't post for a while. And I love Fall too. Abby looks so cute in her school clothes and with that wonderful smile that says, "Just wait till you see what I can teach YOU!"

Love you, the Hesters.

Tiffany Bracken: said...

I am so sorry for the withdrawals! I just hit a busy spot followed by a lazy spell! And Abbey has been doing her fair share of teaching! Thanks for being a faithful reader even when I am not a faithful writer.