Friday, January 30, 2009

The craziness of MKs

Most of the time, my kids seem like normal little American kids. Sure, they are picky about their Chinese food, request soup and rice more than they request McDonald's and say "Dway bu chee" instead of "I'm sorry". Yes, they would look at you like the world was over if you tried to serve them minute rice. But, for the most part, they are very American. However, within the last 10 days, their MK-ness has really shined through.


Case 1:


The other day I found taco shells, the hard kind, at Costco. We always eat soft shell tacos because it is next to impossible to find the hard kind. So, I excitedly bought them and came home ready to have "real tacos". When I sat the table for dinner, Abbey and Ethan both wanted to know where I got the "big chips". They liked the tacos, but preferred to eat the "big chips" without anything in them!

Case 2:


This past week has been Chinese New Year. At the local cultural center, they had tons of booths and games and train rides set up. We took the kids over to have a little fun and after awhile, they started noticing that 80% of the kids around them were eating ice cream. Well, it was a fun day, so we went to get some ice cream, too. These were the options available:

Vanilla
Chocolate
Vanilla and Chocolate swirl
Strawberry
Green tea
Strawberry and green tea swirl

What do you think the little MK's chose? Here's a clue to help you:
Yes, that's right. They chose green tea and strawberry swirl! I'm sure that the older they get, the more this MK-ness will show up. But, you know what? That is a good thing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greentea & strawberries?????
I will stick to Chocolate!!

Tiffany Bracken: said...

You know, I gave it a lick and it wasn't too bad. But just for the record, I did have chocolate myself!

Cylinda Nickel said...

LOL - I love it- that IS an MK for you. was it good?

Elaine said...

I tried green tea ice cream while I was in China (determined not to be a finicky American). I ate and enjoyed a lot of "unusual" things...but I have no desire to eat green tea ice cream again!