Friday, October 15, 2021

Mexico!

As you may have noticed, missionaries can be a little weird.  It's okay. We know it and accept it.  Some of us may even think that it takes a little weirdness to become a missionary.  So, I've had these "bucket list" places that I've wanted to go to for years.  As a missionary, I have had the privilege of going to many places and countries.  I count that part of my life a blessing.  BUT, there are two places I have wanted to go and never gotten to go to.  I have been within mere miles of their borders.  So close that it almost hurt to not get to just cross over.  What are these two magnificent places that I have dreamed of visiting?  Well, Mexico and Canada of course!  How can I travel around the world and not have been to the very two countries that border the US?  

Y'all. Yesterday, I got to go into Mexico!  We are in Yuma, AZ and you can literally park in the US and walk across the border to a little town.  And I have never seen one place with so many dentist offices. We walked around and had coffee.  Then we had lunch. Then we saw the Trump wall and had to take a picture.


It was wonderful!  And now I can check it off.  Canada, I'm coming from you next!






  


No comments: